Covid-19 Safe Practices & Policies
Dear Valued Guest:
Welcome to Cypress Inn! We appreciate that you have chosen our Hotel for your Carmel by the Sea getaway.
Below you will find a list of practices that we are engaged in to best protect you, our guest, as well as our employees during this time of Covid-19. We are also including a list of policies that we request of each of our guests to ensure the health and safety of all who frequent our inn.
Thank you for your understanding and participation as we work together to stay health and enjoy life during a particularly difficult time.
~ All of us at Cypress Inn
- Each of our employees have received training in extensive cleaning procedures, to include the frequent disinfecting of all common touch areas such as counters, doors, floors, lamps, light switches, tables, chairs, and couches, for example.
- You are welcome to enjoy our outdoor facilities. Our staff practices frequent cleaning of all common touch surfaces.
- Each of our employees wears a mask and, where needed, gloves.
- At all times, we practice social distancing, maintaining 6-feet apart from all others.
- During check in you will receive a sanitized room key, sanitized pen for signing in, and any special instructions to maximize your comfort and safety during your stay with us.
GUEST ROOM PRACTICES
- Each of our rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to guest arrival. All surfaces, furniture, linens and amenities are sanitized.
- Once your room is cleaned and prepared for you, no one enters the room prior to your arrival.
- We do not provide cleaning during your stay. We welcome you to request any amenities and supplies that need to be replenished during your stay.
- Our breakfast staff uses masks and gloves when preparing and serving the morning meal.
- Please note that our “buffet-style” breakfast is served to our guests by our dining room staff.
- Terry’s Restaurant + Lounge is fully open to our guests and visitors to Cypress Inn.
- We request that guests wear a mask when in close quarters with other guests and our staff.
- If you are feeling unwell, we request that you notify us by phone so that we can reschedule your stay with us.
- If while you are at the inn, you become unwell, we request that you notify us and make arrangements to return home.
- We ask all guests to practice social distancing during check in, while enjoying our property, at breakfast and when interacting with other guests as well as our staff.
Forbes Magazine features Cypress Inn, in honor of National Dog Day!
“If You Can’t Bear The Thought Of Leaving Your Pooch At Home On National Dog Day, Head To Carmel-by-the-Sea.”